Monday, June 23, 2014

The Lace Maxi - Jessica Simpson Meena Lace Illusion Dress


Even though I searched high and low and found the perfect, more affordable, alternative to this dress (seen in my last post here)... I just couldn't leave without it. I don't own many expensive dresses and the ones I do own are usually too dressy to wear anywhere. This one on the other hand can be dressed up or down and is just perfect for summer.

You can now find it on sale for $60.00 originally $98.00 here at Macy's.
I'm pretty sure Belks also carries this dress.


Let me first say, this dress is worth every penny. In-fact, I'm surprised it wasn't more. It's quality, quality, quality. The quality of this dress is just amazing. The fabric is so luxurious and the lace incorporates high quality embroidered flowers. It is quite stunning in person. I love that it comes with a slip that has adjustable straps. You can make it have a lower or higher front V-cut. The small is a little large on me but I think it's because it's a cross between women's and juniors sizing.


The back has a pretty strappy pattern that adds I nice surprise. First, you have the slip straps showing, then you have the lace cover with a crisscross pattern in the middle. In the photos I'm wearing, again, one of my favorite lacey racer-back bras from Aerie (see my blog post raving about them: here). I though it blended very well and I love lace on lace :]


My mom thought this could make a pretty wedding dress haha (not the look I'm going for! ahhh!) so I tried to dress it down with brown strappy sandals and simple antique cameo drop earrings.


Hope everyone had a great weekend! I just brought home a new kitten who has been keeping me busy busy. Will have to do a blog post soon with her in it :]

Questions, comments, and advice is welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment