Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Lace Maxi - Affordable Alternative


If your on the hunt for an all-over lace maxi that is more on the affordable side - this is it! 

I was shopping at my favorite mall. It has absolutly everything I have ever dreamed of wearing. I found the most amazing lace maxi by Jessica Simpson but it was $100 and not on sale. It was a sad day. I ran over the whole mall and tucked away in the back of H&M was this beautiful lace maxi for only $35! Big difference. The quality isn't as great as the $100 dress (obviously) but it looks just as elegant. I did end up getting the more expensive dress as well which will be in my upcoming post; to compare the two.

Something like this is so perfect for date night, a night out with the girls, or that beach vacation. If I had a date... I'd definitely be pulling this dress out :]


The back has elegant lace straps curving inward and a cute little cutout farther down. I got a small (I'm 5'7" at 109 lbs) and the cutout sags a little bit. My wonderful alteration lady quickly took care of that. You can probably see in the pictures that I am wearing my beautiful lace T-back bra I got from Aerie which I raved about in my lastest post here. It blends well with the dress and is almost invisible/disguised in front where there is lacey cutouts - making it more modest. The dress isn't as revealing as I thought it would be. When I first saw it on the hanger, I admit, it was a bit intimidating.


Below I tried to get up as close as I could while trying to capture the whole dress and the detail of the lace. My only concern with the dress is: snagging the lace which would be pretty easy to do since the lace is so openly knit. Luckily I've been ok but knowing my clumsy self... it's bound to happen one of these days.


I kept the outfit casual with camel brown sandals and cameo/pearl drop earrings. Casual but elegant. You can most definitely dress this up some more.

You can still find this dress online at HM.com here for $34.95

Have you grabbed a lace maxi this season?! I think they are just so pretty!

Questions, comments, and advice is welcome! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. The dress looks amazing! I've been loving lace outfits nowadays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I really love this one! The more lace the better :]

      Delete