Monday, February 17, 2014

Snow Day and SNOW CREAM!!!


I told everyone it wasn't going to snow... and I was wrong! I shall never be a weather forecaster haha! I haven't seen this much snow in NC since I've been here (about 3 years). We got about 10 inches. I've lived in NY, OH, IL, SD... but haven't had a chance to actually play in snow for a while now so I had some fun :]

I walked all through the woods. It was so quiet and beautiful. Then I got my family to make a snow man with me :D we used gumballs for eyes and tried to give him a uni-brow haha! Had to throw a few snow balls and I was the only one brave enough to make a snow angel. I was already soaked so it was ok! 

Below, I'll tell you about SNOW CREAM!! How on earth did I not know about this all my life?


Dun Dun Dun...

Everyone's kept this a secret from me! People were stunned I had never heard of snow cream. I guess I have been living under a rock. And now I shall show you how I made it (thanks to my lovely coworkers recipes). Lesson learned: always use the second snow and not the first snow of the season!


I added milk, 1/2 cup sugar (though it really depends on how much snow you have so just wing it and taste), lots of tablespoons of vanilla extract, and I whisked it all together lightly. I just combined everything till I got the right consistency and taste. I forgot to picture it but I added rum extract and it was sooooo delicious! I love me some rum! 

The snow!
 After it was all mixed it was a bit soupy so we needed to add more snow to our snow cream!
YUM!! All done!

It was nice and thick by the time I was finished! I thought it would taste like ice-cream but don't expect that! It's similar to homemade ice-cream but different. It's a great, low cost, fun treat during the winter ;D


Am I the only one who has never heard of snow cream before??! How do you make yours?

Questions, comments, and advice is welcome! Stay warm everyone!

I apologize for my absence! Break-ups are the worst. I don't think I'll ever get used to them. I always fall too hard, too fast, and trust too much. It's been Pretty Little Liar marathons for a few weeks now :D woot! New favorite show?! I didn't expect my life to turn out like it has so I've been making some life changes and did some 'soul searching'. I've decided to follow my family to TN in a few months to get away and have a change of scenery. Hopefully I can get back in the swing of things shortly :]

6 comments:

  1. Wow! 10 inches! I love snow, so I bet it's so much fun making snowmen and what not, too bad we don't get much down here in Texas.
    I had never heard of snow cream, so you are not alone! Sounds yummy!

    I'm sorry you are going through a break up, they are no fun. Just keep your head up, you will find the right one when you least expect it, and it will all be worth it! Sending you lots of hugs!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun playing in the snow!! I like snow just as long as it doesn't come too often hhaha ;D You appreciate it more when it does!! If you get a few snows you should definitely give snow cream a try! I know when I lived in Texas I don't think it snowed once :/
      And thank you so much for your positive words! That means a lot :]

      Delete
  2. When I saw this mixture thing, I wondered : is it duck grease ? :) It's a really curious recipe. When I was a child, I enjoyed swallowing falling snowflakes. I just thought of these memories lately, and I was wondering what taste has snow :) I should try this recipe one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a different kind of recipe!! It's almost the same ingredients as homemade ice-cream. You should definitely try it one day!! So glad it brought back great memories :D Hope you had a lovely weekend!

      Delete