Friday, February 21, 2014

Quick OOTD : Mixing Burgundy and Army Green


After Christmas I picked up a few new things from H&M when they were having a huge sale. I think it was 3 clearance items for 20 dollars. I got 2 pretty black dresses (one will be in a coming ootd) and this chic black blazer (normally $50). I had so many compliments the first time I wore this blazer! It's so fitted and tailored to your body. Such a steal!


I also picked up this lacey burgundy tank from H&M for 10.00 USD and found these army green skinny jeans on the clearance rack for 15.00 USD! They have some great texture to them with grooved stripes going down the front. I like it- it's kind of edgy :] plus, it's so hard for me to find skinny jeans that actually fit!

I then added simple black leather boots and my j.crew crystal link bracelet.

I quite like the rich hues of burgundy paired with a army green.


I love checking out the clearanced winter clothing! I took advantage of these items after Christmas but they still have some steals out there. If you have a Belks near by definitely check out their clearance racks! I have to photograph them still but I grabbed lots of lacey spring time sweaters for 8 dollars a piece :D :D


Hope you enjoyed my ootd! It was a rushed together outfit but I think it came out ok for something casual.

Questions, comments, and advice is welcome! Have a great rest of the week!

6 comments:

  1. Army green and burgundy are some of my favorite colors to wear, I feel like they suit just about any skin color. You look lovely!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed!! Thank you so much Liliana!! Hope you had a great weekend!! :D

      Delete
  2. Love it! Burgundy and army green look fantastic together! I also love the touch of adding a blazer into the mix :)

    PS - that background is lovely!!

    By the way, I just updated my blog with a new post. I’d love for you to swing by: http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do!! And thank you so much Abigail!! The land behind my house offers great photo opportunities :D not sure what I'd do with out it!! And I'd love to check out your newest post!!

      Delete
  3. I love these colours and the pretty background of forest. It seems all this forest is just for you : how lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much!! And I really do love the forest! It's so pretty and quiet :]
      Have a great week!!! :D

      Delete