Sunday, February 9, 2014

Lime Crime Carousel Gloss in Candy Apple


I have always wanted to try Lime Crime! Their Black Friday sale sucked me in and I'm so glad it did! Everything on the site was 20% off which helped a lot! Unfortunately, I ran into quite a few issues with customer service around the holidays which will be explained down below.

I first heard about this gloss from Brittany Balyn on youtube. She raved about this color so of course I had to try it!


I could have sworn I had a gloss that looked just like this when I was a kid! I thought it may have come with a My Little Pony or something but I'm pretty sure I had one that looked just like this which is why I absolutely love the packaging! It's digging up all these blurred memories. I love that! Plus, Lime Crime put so much detail into everything from the delivery box to the wrapping. It's just awesome. Then there's the unicorn- I'm automatically a huge fan. My delivery box had unicorns and pink polka-dots printed inside the actual box. I'll be saving that box for a while haha I'll have to insert a photo in the next couple of days!

The applicator is a tiny brush which is really convenient for precise application. You'll definitely need to be precise because this gloss is so pigmented that it's almost like a liquid lipstick. Talk about whoa! It's so pigmented that it stains my lips for hours... it even stains my fingers haha.


This color is super bright! In the photos I'm wearing a very light coat and sheered it out just a wee bit with my fingers. I wasn't expecting this red to be so bright. It's definitely a candy apple red. It's really not a color that I would usually go for but I think it's a fun and I'm willing to step out of my comfort zone. For now, I'll be sheering it out to make it more wearable :]

The consistency is thick and sticky which gives it amazing lasting power. This gloss has a lot of red glitter in it which really catches the light and sparkles. It can get a little patchy after 3 or so hours because of the glitter but it's an easy fix and your lips will still be red! If you don't like glitter staying put as the color wears this may not be for you.


 It was my first time ordering from Lime Crime and I wasn't sure what to expect. Unfortunately I ran into quite a few issues along the way during the holiday season. First, they oversold a lot of their products on Black Friday which meant a lot of orders went on hold all the way up to Christmas and I had a ton of gifts in the order I placed. Second, the customer service was overwhelmed so everyone was getting delayed responses. No one was getting any service and their facebook customer service was horrible- they couldn't do anything to help. Third, they didn't end up restocking the oversold products so products ended up being canceled last minute in orders (all my order was canceled except this gloss). That sent me rushing to the store Christmas eve to get gifts. I was one unhappy customer but at least they sent the gloss on rushed delivery. I just wished they had given me the option to shop what was in stock at the same sale price or told me in advance.

Verdict : When I shop their Black Friday sale again it will be just gifts for myself instead of worrying about gifts for others getting here in time to ship out for Christmas. Too much of a headache!

I think this gloss is awesome and I really want more! I think 17.00 USD is a bit steep though. I'll wait for their Black Friday sale again or if I finish this tube then maybe I'll make the splurge and try another color :]
I really want to try their lipsticks as well!


Have you tried Lime Crime yet??

Questions, comments, and advice is welcome! Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. I've heard that Lime Crime products are very pigmented which seems to be the case as with this gloss, and the packaging is super cute. Pity the order process ended up being such a hassle!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have heard great things about Lime Crimes pigmentation! I've been wanting to try some of their products forever :D packaging is adorable. Hopefully the order process is better when it's not around the holidays!!

      Delete
  2. Love the color!! I wanted to pick up one of the velvetines, but they'd been sold out. That sucks about the order! I can't believe you couldn't get the products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about the Velvertines! It seems a lot of their products sell out so quickly :/
      Lime Crime was a mess during the holidays and it was so frustrating! I'm pretty sure it's not like that all the time haha at least I hope not!

      Delete
  3. Lovely color, and the packaging is adorable! I'm sorry you had so much trouble! I love this color on you!
    I definitely want to try some lippies from Lime Crime!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is!! And it's ok at least I got to try one of their products haha! Thank you so much! You're so sweet! Heard great things about the Lime Crime lip products! The lipsticks are so tempting :D

      Delete