Friday, January 17, 2014

Pure Unrefined Shea Butter in Lavender by Out of Africa : Treat Your Nails!


A few weeks ago I went shopping at my favorite organic grocery store ever; The Fresh Market. I got some amazing, healthy, foods but also picked up some organic body care :] 

The Fresh Market has an amazing beauty selection. Their bath salts are to die for! I must do a review on that as well but today I'll talk about this pure unrefined shea butter by Out of Africa. 


I can't begin to tell you how much I love this for my nails!! Before this I was using Smith's Rosebud Salve and Josie Maran Argan Balm (which I do like as well) but this Out of Africa shea butter takes the win. 

It's winter and my poor nails go to poo. They peel, crack, my cuticles become more visible, and overall my nails just look unattractive. This shea butter hydrates my cuticles so much so, that I don't even notice them. Score! I don't have as many hangnails and it's helped with the peeling. No complaints here.


You get a ton of product for the price. My family and me picked up these on sale for 9.99 USD. 

My family picked up the Vanilla scented one. The only difference is that the vanilla shea butter has vanilla bean oil instead of essential oils and of course the scents are different. I used the vanilla shea butter for a while but it just isn't as smooth and creamy as the Lavender shea butter. Plus, the lavender scent was much more appealing in my opinion. 


I've been using this everyday since the new year. At night, I just rub this all over my nails and nail beds. I even rub some on my lips before my nightly lip balm to make them extra soft. This is so multifunctional, I love it! I've also been putting it on my elbows and knees. I just rub it with my fingers to warm it up so it becomes nice and creamy. I use it at night since it's very thick and takes some time to absorb. A little goes a long way.

It's just a great moisturizer with great benefits. I love that it's organic and goes to a good cause as well! Plus, the tin is so fun and reminds me of summer. Much love here :]


If you have a Fresh Market near you, your in luck. Their groceries are amazing and so is everything else!


Questions, comments, and advice is welcome! Hope everyone is having a great year so far!

8 comments:

  1. My nails can get pretty bad too, this sounds wonderful! I will have to see if I can find something like this around me! Amazing review! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do find it!! It really is wonderfully useful!
      Your very welcome :D :D

      Delete
  2. What a great Product!

    kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is!! Hope your having a wonderful week! :D

      Delete
  3. Looks great. I am always looking for good products. I love that is is 100% shea. I hate getting all garbled up with waxes and chemicals. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I too love that it's 100% shea and all natural. Agreed, all those chemicals in body products can't be good for us over time. Your very welcome!! Hope all is well this week :]

      Delete