Friday, January 31, 2014

OOTD: Winter Blues


 It's winter and it's personally my least favorite season. I go into hibernation. Once I'm cold I just can't warm up. I also recently lost my best friend here in NC so I'm definitely feeling those winter blues.

A warm, stylish, outfit in winter can help me get through my toughest times :]


This outfit is definitely an eye-catcher. I've been stopped multiple times and complimented on how stylish I looked. I love sweater dresses for colder weather but this is one of the warmest sweater dresses I own. I picked it up at H&M a few years ago when I was living in Florence. 

I paired my blue and cream sweater dress with grey vertical striped tights, blue knee socks, and black leather boots. I topped everything off with grey sparkly beanie I picked up at JCPenney  during Christmas time for half price. I paid 9.00 USD originally 18.00 USD. Beanies seem to be really 'in' this winter!


To dress everything up I added my dark grey wool jacket from Zara. It's a bit fancy so I save it for special occasions. I also purchased this a few years ago while also living Italy. Extra large hoods are so elegantly beautiful and unique; I'm completely sucked in.


I tend to gravitate towards greys and blues in winter. I think it's a beautiful combination. I hope this outfit inspires you to step out of your comfort zone and be stylish while staying warm.

Questions, comments, and advice is welcome! I hope everyone's winter is going better than mine. Love you all so much xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Great vision, Katie!
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Milena!! Hope you have a great week :D :D

      Delete
  2. I love this Katie, you definitely look stylish, yet so comfy and warm! Great look!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Liliana!!! This outfit really is comfy and warm which is why I wear it so much :D Hope you had a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  3. Love your coat :)

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you!! This coat is different but I love it :D
      Will check out your latest post!!!

      Delete
  4. Great look!! Such a cute beanie! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I love me some beanies :D

      Delete
  5. You have GORGEOUS style! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah!! Your so sweet!! :D Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  6. Grey is the chance colour and your outfit is really nice. I enjoy coats with a big hood :) A bientôt

    ReplyDelete