Friday, January 24, 2014

OOTD : Maxi Skirt for Cold Days


I love wearing maxi skirts in cooler weather! I think the thicker maxi skirts can sometimes get way too warm in summer. I've been wanting to shoot this outfit since last year but lost this skirt in my overcrowded closet! Alas, I have found it and I hope you enjoy!


I got this grey maxi a few years ago from Target and love wearing it with tights and some boots on those cold, hot cocoa, days. I paired it with a fitted, burgundy, long-sleeved top I got from H&M. Since it was cold out I thought a big, over-sized, scarf was in order. I went with this patterned scarf I picked up while in Morrocco. I think it adds some rich hues to a simple outfit like the one I'm wearing here.



I always wear these leather, lace-up, ankle boots with this outfit. I'm still on the fence with the clicking sound they make. Sometimes I think it's sexy/feminine and other times I feel self conscious because my shoes are making a racket. What do you think about your shoes clicking?
 I picked these boots up while living in Firenze.



This outfit is so comfy that I wore it traveling back to NC from a very sad Thanksgiving break at my grandparents. Here I'm wearing it with my beautiful family before leaving my grandpa :[ 

My beautiful mom, me, and grandpa
Me looking very chilly, dad, and grandpa :]

Who's ready for the weekend?!
Questions, comments, and advice is welcome!

9 comments:

  1. Love your maxi :)

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always tend to stash my maxi skirts away once summer has ended but have been looking for ways to wear them in the colder season - thanks for the inspiration! The pictures with your family are lovely :)

    Jodie Marie
    à la Jode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm so glad I could give you some inspiration :D I love finding ways to wear some of my spring/summer items all year round. And thank you so much Jodie!! Hope you had a great week so far!

      Delete
  3. I love the sound of clicking shoes, although I imagine it could be quite annoying to others. Your outfit is so simple yet elegant. I really like it.
    Barbara @ www.allmylivesnow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay at least I'm not the only one ;] and thank you so much Barbara for your kind comments! Hope you've had a great week!

      Delete
  4. Oh I love this! Looks great, and the scarf is cute!
    Awe, such sweet pictures, your grandpa looks so happy!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Liliana!! Have to love family photos ;]
      Hope all is well!!!

      Delete
  5. I think a maxi skirt and a scarf is such a beautiful theatre look :) I love the color, but you can guess that I can't like sneakers with it, because I am such a romantic poor thing :) Well what would you think of these shoes with that outfit : http://www.shoescollector.fr/media/01/02/792746335.jpg ? :] Ce serait super, secret d'amie.

    ReplyDelete