Friday, January 3, 2014

OOTD - JCPenney Arizona Plaid Dress in Patchwork + Jewelmint Audrey Love Earrings


My family and me did some after Christmas shopping! While running to H&M I quickly grabbed this patchwork dress at JCPenny that I'd been eyeing a few weeks before. I wasn't sure I liked it but my mom convinced me to keep it and I'm glad I did! 

I thought I'd do this outfit of the day since apparently it's pretty eye catching...a guy stopped me a few days later asking if I was the girl in starbucks... and I sure was. I credit the dress of course :]


 I paired my patchwork dress with a blue cardigan (Zara), blue leggings (H&M), a cranberry colored scarf (JCP), and for an extra layer of warmth I threw on my favorite leather green jacket I got in Firenze. I forgot to put on my cream knee socks but I wore those with these cute, lace up, brown boots I got from Target last year.


I also wore my Audrey Love Earrings from Jewelmint. I loved the fall/ winter colors they released for one of their best selling earrings and I now have a little Audrey collection going. I always get so many compliments with all my Audrey earrings.


Now the dress!

The material is nice and thick which I love. It has a cotton slip underneath, removable/ adjustable straps, a cute sweet heart neckline, fit & flare figure, and a helpful stretchy panel in the top back of the dress. It runs a little small. I was surprised that the small (what I'm wearing here) was a little snug and usually I'm a XSmall.  The best part about this dress? Last time I saw it, it was $42! This time when I hunted it down on the clearance rack, it was $13.99! Score! Glad I waited till after Christmas :]

You can find it here on the JCPenney website for the same price I found it.

Love it!


Questions, comments, and advice is welcome! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

21 comments:

  1. Hi Katie! Happy New Year!
    Great dress! It looks very good on you!
    Have a nice weekend! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Milena!! Happy New Year to you!!!
      Thank you so much!! Your so kind!!
      Hope you've been well :D :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Hope you had a happy new years!! :D

      Delete
  3. Such a great deal! Looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice deal and it looks so cute on you! Way to make it work for this weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! It can be tricky styling dresses with this freezing cold weather we've been having! But I love throwing on leggings with dresses- nice and easy :D Hope you had an amazing New Years!!

      Delete
  5. So pretty! I really like this look on you!
    I love the boots, they aren't something I would wear, I don't think I could pull them off...but I love seeing them styled!!

    Such cute earrings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments Liliana!!
      I love lace up boots for winter! I wish I had more haha :D
      Happy New Year!!

      Delete
  6. Hi dear,

    I like your pretty blog, I'll be back more often =)
    Do you want to follow each other on GFC and maybe social media?
    Let me know so I can follow you back.
    Kisses, Ana
    http://xoxocitygirl.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ana!! I would love to follow you :D I'm heading over now! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Lovely Dress ,you look wonderful :)

    Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! You're too kind :D
      Hope you had a fantastic New Years!!

      Delete
  8. Such a pretty dress and love the combo with those boots! You look pretty as always and Have a great New Year!

    Love Nilu Yuleena,
    from
    BIG hair LOUD mouth BLOG
    BIG hair LOUD mouth FACEBOOK page
    BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nilu!! Your so sweet!! I hope you had a great New Years :D

      Delete
  9. Hi! Love blog and post :-)

    Nice dress!

    I´m following you now. Would you like to visit my blog and follow me back?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :D and thank you thank you for the follow! I would love to follow back :D heading over now!!!

      Delete
  10. Thank you so much for following me dear, just started to follow you on GFC and bloglovin'
    Kisses, Ana
    http://xoxocitygirl.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  11. On the last picture with the black cardigan, this dress almost looks like ROCK ! And I think a rock outfit would you suit you very fine. Do you like this outfit for instance : http://www.about-a-girl.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/look8janvier11.jpg ? :]

    ReplyDelete