Monday, December 9, 2013

OOTD : Urban Outfitters!


We had an amazing warm spell that lasted several days here in NC. It got up to 76 degrees!! It felt almost like summer again but it was wishful thinking since it's almost mid December. I meant to post this outfit a while ago in early fall but I think it's still a great style to lounge in around the house :]


I was watching a haul from Bethany Mota on Youtube (here) and saw her wearing this super cute outfit.... sooo I copied her and bought the same one haha. Am I the only one who does that? She made me do it! Everything about this outfit is comfy and I love it. The over sized crop top by Truly Madly Deeply and the pants are from Urban Outfitters. I don't mind wearing crop tops with high-waisted pieces. I think it super cute! A little piece of skin is fine for me- just not too much. I'm pretty modest


One little thing I'm afraid of... is these pants kind of look like pajama pants. I know it's not just me! I thought getting the navy print might make it look less like pajamas but I'm not totally sure. When it warms up again I've got to wear these in public and see what kind of looks I get haha. I still think their fashionable even if they are out of my comfort zone ;]


I threw on a matching long sage green jacket I got last year from Eddie Bauer on the clearance rack for less than $50 and some casual navy sneakers from L.L.Bean. Eddie Bauer has some amazing pieces on their clearance racks especially when it comes to coats. I also wanted to wear my new sparkly studs from J.Crew that I got half price during a sale! Perfect for the holidays coming up :] I'll do a short separate post on my new J.Crew jewelry pieces.


I also painted my nails for my up and coming date night! I really love this deep burgundy color from Essies fall 2012 collection. It's called 'recessionista'. I just did one quick thick coat. Love it! You can still find it on amazon here.


 Questions, comments, and advice is welcome! Have a great week everyone! 

14 comments:

  1. I really like that Essie colour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful nails! Essie always makes the best colors...I'm wearing Parka Perfect right now. :)

    Améliorer la Vie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa!! Essie has some amazing polish! Ohhh I haven't seen Parka Perfect... must look it up!!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous Outfit! The Colours work so nice with the Colour of your Hair :)

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much LoveT. !!! I didn't even notice that ;D

      Delete
  4. You look so nice and comfortable!! I love Bethany's style, I don't think you're the only one that does that! Hehe!! The nail polish is gorgeous!!! <3 Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very comfy :D and I think your right haha!! Thank you so much Liliana!!! :]

      Delete
  5. I love crop tops too. They sure do look amazing with high waisted pants or skirts. I am still looking for the perfect crop top. You look fabulous and I adore the pants on you. They definitely don’t look like pajama pants to me. But I do understand your concern because I’ve bought pieces before where I’ve had a similar concern. The print is really fun and unique and I love that. Your nail polish colour is really lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true!! It is hard to find a really good crop top! Some are just a little too much or too short for my taste. Thank you so much Imogen :] this is good to hear! I love your honesty and you are incredibly sweet! Thanks for taking the time to comment :]

      Delete
  6. I enjoy parkas, and yours is cool. The colors are nice too : blue, green, purple... but there is one thing I don't like in this look : the trousers look like pyjamas :) I think it's because the material is too light plus the print pattern :] Otherwise you're a really sweet woman. Douces pensées d'une Française :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for compliments and feedback! They really do look like pajamas! I haven't worn them in public... just around the house for that reason haha :)!

      Delete
  7. You found her pants! They look SO cute on you, you're rocking them girl! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the sweet compliment :D I haven't worn these in so long!

      Delete