Thursday, November 14, 2013

Avon : Mark High Volume Mascara in Evergreen


A coworker of mine started selling Avon and since she was just starting out I decided to go ahead and try something. I've heard good things about the Avon makeup line but I was still skeptical.

I've always wanted to try a colored mascara so when I saw this evergreen one on sale I just had to try it :]


I think the evergreen shade is a great color for the cold weather months and fast approaching holiday season. I was slightly concerned about the color actually showing up on the lashes. The darker green does make it less noticeable, unfortunately. You do have to look closer or catch the right light to notice that the mascara is actually green... It really doesn't bother me too too much since I know it's green :]

The brush on this macsara is really nice! The mascara is on the wet side but the brush makes it easy to apply, look good, and prevent clumping. I have long, (kind of) thick, lashes and this can make them look slightly sparse so you do have to run the brush through your lashes a few times or remove access mascara on the brush. I find brushing through them a few times does the trick. This also does fabulous on the lower lashes.

The formula is long wearing and I don't have any smudging throughout the day. Yay! This makes me happy. I tend to like waterproof mascara though since I'm usually without an umbrella and you never know when your going to cry. This mascara does run when it gets wet since it isn't waterproof.


I purchased mine through Avon on sale for about 4.00 USD. You can find this mascara on the Avon website here for 11.00 USD

Will be repurchasing this if it goes on sale again! Really want to try the new wine color :]
I would also like to try more Avon but I have so many other makeup products on my wishlist that I may hold off for a bit.

Any suggestions for a good colored mascara?


Happy Thursday everyone! Questions and comments are welcome!

14 comments:

  1. I wish coloured mascaras worked on me but they don't show up on my dark lashes. However, AVON has some amazing products... I have been really impressed with them this year!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! Sorry to hear this :/
      And I've heard so many good things! This is good to know :]
      They are having so many sales... it is sooo tempting!!

      Delete
  2. I like that it's so subtle but like you said, you know it's there!

    I don't own any colored mascara, but I would love to try a purple or even a blue. So neat!

    Your eyes are such a pretty color!!

    xo, Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted to try a blue mascara even a purple sounds pretty :D
      And thank you so much!! Your so sweet :]

      Delete
  3. It looks great on you! :)
    I notice the Mark products seem to be better than the Avon ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!
      This is good to know!! I wasn't sure if the Mark products were separate from Avon or if they were the same

      Delete
  4. Great review!
    Your blog is lovely!
    xManon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :D Your very kind!!

      Delete
  5. What a great colour. I've been wanting to try both coloured mascara and coloured eyeliner for sometime. I just bought a dark purple eyeliner. I'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a pretty green :]
      Ohh I love dark purple liner! It's a nice change from the same old black/ brown liner :D I hope it works out for you! You will have to let me know or review it!!

      Delete
  6. Great photos <3
    Check out my latest outfit post :)

    Your Princess is in Another Castle

    xx Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Your so very welcome! Thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete