Friday, September 20, 2013

St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub Review


I've been putting off negative product reviews for such a long time! I don't like putting down a product because everyone is different and something that doesn't work for me might work for someone else. But without further ado lets talk about the St. Ives Apricot scrub!


The first few times I used this product I actually really liked it. My skin looked smooth and felt soft. But with more use I gradually saw my face become more red. I wasn't even using this every day- I was using it about twice a week. After a few weeks my face was becoming beet red. I looked like a tomato :[ It was not fun. My skin is sensative and prone to redness so I think this scrub was just too harsh. 

Not only did it make my skin super red but it really irritated my acne. I felt like it spread my acne and made it worse instead of helping it. Overall, my face was so irritated that I had to stop using this.

I thought I could use it for my body acne but it's still too irritating. I currently just use it as a arm and leg scrub to get rid of it.


After having so many problems with this product I looked up reviews and did some research. From what I gathered, the beads (walnut or ground up apricot seeds?) in this scrub are too sharp and pointy- this creates tiny tears in the skin. The small tears in the skin lets in bacteria and damages the skin in the long run. I'm not sure if this is 100% true but either way it doesn't sound good! 



You either hate or love this product. And I know a few people who love this. My acne/ redness prone skin however does not


What do you think of the St. Ives Apricot Scrub?


Have a beautiful weekend!

23 comments:

  1. I used this product once a long time ago, and didn't not like it. I'm like you, I am not a fan of posting negative reviews, but sometimes you just have too.

    I never thought to research it, I just knew I didn't like it. I can't believe this ends ups tearing your skin...eeek! Not good at all.

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liliana for stopping by!
      And so very true!! They are just not as fun to write :P
      Yeah I couldn't believe it either! None of the things I've heard about this scrub are very good :/

      Delete
  2. Nice review :)

    New Post Up: http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/2013/09/introducing-coco-fashion-my-new.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't used this since my middle school days, but I have heard similar things about it being damaging.

    Améliorer la Vie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've heard so many things about it being bad for your skin!

      Delete
  4. You have a great blog, follow you, I hope for reciprocity)
    http://lakoman.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so soooo much for the follow!! I will be sure to do the same :D

      Delete
  5. I tried this before when much younger and didn't like it for the same reasons... it's very harsh and seems damaging to the skin. Pity, as some people really seem to swear by it!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Lovely blog and great post! I would like to invite you to know my blog, do you like? ;) www.mvesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I would love to check out your blog! Heading over now :]

      Delete
  7. Kudos to you for an honest review, whether negative or not! I definitely think that's what readers want to know. I haven't tried this scrub but I have tried other St Ives ones (can't remember which exact one; it was ages ago). From what I remember, I didn't hate it but I don't think it was the gentlest on my skin either. Sorry to hear it's not working very well for you :(
    Mandy || Make Me Up Mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mandy for taking the time for such a thoughtful response! You're right. The negative reviews arn't as fun as writing about how much you love something but they are necessary. Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a lovely week :]

      Delete
  8. I had the gentle version of this years ago and I liked it but I wouldn't get it again x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know they had a gentle version! Thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete
  9. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine :)
    And if you want we can follow each other here
    on bloglovin and via GFC ?
    Let me know!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I would love too check out your blog and follow each other :D :D

      Delete
    2. Already a follower on gfc and bloglovin'!!

      Delete
  10. I remember using this scrub when I was much younger. It really worked well to cleanse the face.

    Would appreciate if you checked out my blog :)
    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! I'm glad it worked better for you :D
      Would love to check out your blog as well!!

      Delete