Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Forever 21 Buttoned Chiffon Maxi Dress in Royal Blue


I made a few purchases from forever 21 but this one was my most recent! I saw this dress on Tiffany D. aka MakeupByTiffanyD on youtube. You can see her video here. I thought the dress and the deep royal blue looked absolutely stunning. This was right after I bought my forever 21 black lace chiffon dress from my previous post. Darn! But I just had to have this one too! Sadly it was no where to be found on Forever21.com. The other day I was browsing the sale items and somehow it magically appeared and I immediately gobbled one up :D


This dress was on sale for 20.99 USD originally 24.99. I purchased mine in the sale section on Forever21.com. I think the royal blue sold out fast but this dress is still available in a pretty aqua color here.

The whole dress feels and looks expensive. The fabric is light and slightly stretchy. Sheer but there's a silky slip underneath on the top and down to mid-thigh. The fabric is a deep royal cobalt blue. The sun (even in the shade) seemed to wash out the richness of the blue in the photos.


The back is simple with a low scoop neck. The middle has a stretchy band which would look great covered with a thin belt as well. The front of the dress has pretty bronze metal buttons going down the middle till about where the slip ends mid-thigh. After the buttons end, the fabric is slit down the middle. I really love the slit because it makes the dress cooler and more open on hot days. The dress also has 2 cute pockets on the front.


I ordered a small. I'm about 5' 8" 110 lbs. The dress is slightly loose on me but not so loose it looks bad. And I usually don't have a problem with length since I'm pretty tall but the dress is a little long and touches the ground slightly. I may have to get it hemmed.


Here I just paired the dress with simple bronze flip-flops from Old Navy and some beautiful bronze dangle earrings from World Market. 



Questions, comments, and advice is welcome! Have a beautiful day :]

Today I'm linking up with :

12 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! The colour REALLY suits you! Also love the cute little buttons!

    Lorraine x
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love wearing blue :D
      Hope you had a great week!

      Delete
  2. chic maxidress, I love it
    I'm following u via GFC, hope u can follow back. THX XOXO

    Moda della donna

    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I would love to follow back!

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous maxi! Need to head on over to Forever21 for mine :)

    Abby
    Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I really love this one :D Hope you have an amazing weekend!

      Delete
  4. Lovely dress! Look at this: http://scentofstyl.blogspot.gr/2013/08/blog-post_26.html
    Hope you have a nice day!
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely dress, that color suits you very well!!

    Lily | beautywithlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Blue is such a great color :D

      Delete
  6. I've nominated you for a Liebster blog award! Have a look at my blog post from Today, September 9, for all the details. The direct link is here:
    Liebster Nominees

    Congratulations and I can't wait to read more from you!

    http://handbagbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much!! Your so sweet! I can't wait to check out your post ;D :D

      Delete