Sunday, August 11, 2013

Tarte LipSurgence Lip Luster in Pouty


I've always wanted to try a lip stain because at work I don't have the time or privacy to keep reapplying my lip products. I was gifted this a while back but just recently found it neatly tucked away in one of my make-up drawers. Don't you love discovering new products you forgot you had!

The box mentions that it is a stain. And other websites like Sephora mention it is a 'natural stain' that lasts throughout the day giving you color, shine, and moisture. So, lets see how it measures up!






First off, I was surprised at how much I loved this color! Its' a really pretty strawberry pink with silver glitter. The glitter is visible on the lips but not uncomfortable/ gritty. Has a beautiful shine! Nicely pigmented. It is soft, smooth, and really easy to apply. Slightly minty and tingles the first time I applied it. One of the few lip products that doesn't leave my lips parched. Packaging is lovely and has a twist bottom so you don't have to worry about sharpening. I've done some reading and I think that the tube is only half full so you don't get a whole lot of product... at least for the price you pay.


The second day I wore this for an interview and came back around 2 or so hours later. Most of the product had worn off but the color had given my lips a healthy glowing tint. I think Pouty is the perfect color for my warm skin-tone.



Another thing I love about this product is the care they took with the ingredients :]



Retails for 24.00 USD.

These Tarte lip stains are kind of expensive! If I wasn't gifted this I probably wouldn't have went out of my way to purchase. But I'm so absolutely in love with this color! It goes with everything and sometimes it's hard to find a color that really looks good on me. Plus, I'm a big fan of moisturizing my lips and with this I don't have to worry about uncomfortably dry lips afterwards- YAY! I will definitely repurchase this product when I use it up! I just hope I can get it on sale haha :]


Hope you all had a great weekend!
Questions, comments, and advice is welcome!

11 comments:

  1. ooh i love that colour so much! i really wish Tarte was available in the UK

    katydesu.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's becoming one of my favorites :D and darn! I'm surprised you can't get tarte! Maybe you can find it somewhere online? I have a few of their products and have always had good luck with their brand.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I really do love mine! If you ever get the chance I would recommend it :] Hope you've been well!

      Delete
  3. I love that color. Sad that it wore off in a couple of hours!!!
    Thanks for visiting and following me dear. I'm following you too now on GFC.
    Do follow me also on G+, Bloglovin, FB, Twitter, Pinterest etc if you like! :)
    FASHION PANACHE BLOG
    Google Plus | Bloglovin | Networked Blogs | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :D and it did wear off but left a little bit of color which was nice! Your very welcome and thanks so much for the follow back! Take care!

      Delete
  4. love that color! follow each other? let me know!

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a pretty color!! And I would love to follow each other!! I'm heading over now :D

      Delete
  5. I love Tarte products! The color is nice and subtle. I need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't own too many Tarte products but the ones I do own are amazing! It makes me want more :D This color was so perfect! Thanks for stopping by Lilly!!

      Delete
  6. Love the color, but the one I have puts on way too glitter.

    ReplyDelete