Tuesday, July 2, 2013

china glaze : Pool Party


I thought about not even doing a post about this color because there is no way my camera was going to capture this polishes' true color. But I had to! This color is stunning! I received 7 compliments within the first 2 days of wearing this polish. At one point I had 3 girls around me asking what I had on my nails. I've never owned a polish that received so much praise.  

These photos do not do this color justice. My camera kept washing out the color slightly. Pool Party is a deep, neon, true coral color. It is bright! Which is probably why it was grabbing everyone's attention. 



I've never owned a china glaze polish so it was a little different for me! The formula for Pool Party is thick and pigmented. It dries to a matte finish. It also dries really, really, fast when your painting your nails so you have to be quick about it or else you will have blotches and bald spots everywhere (which I did a couple of times before I got it right!). 

In the pictures I have on 1 thick coat of Pool Party with a base and top coat for shine. It lasted a good 3 days before it started chipping which seems to be the usual for my nails. 


This color is just so perfect for summer. The color intensity and brightness is just incredible. I was so impressed with this color I went out and bought 4 more china glaze polishes! So watch out for more amazing, bright, summer shades- I can't wait to review them :]

Retails for 7.50 USD at Ulta. Sometimes they have them 2 for 12 :]


Have you tried any china glaze polishes?! Which one is your favorite?


Questions, comments, and advice welcome! Hope you all are have an amazing week and Happy 4th of July!!!

13 comments:

  1. OOOOhhh...love this color. I've been on the hunt for a refreshing color. Thanks for the heads up. The name says it all...Pool Party!!! Yay summer!!!

    Barbara @ www.allmylivesnow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just that- a very refreshing color! I love bright neon colors! It sure gets you in the mood for summer :D

      Delete
  2. Wonderful color! I love it!
    Have a great week!
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! Hope you had a great week :D

      Delete
  3. Katie, I Need this colour, it is the perfect summer colour and gives each Outfit that touch of colour :-)

    Ani
    www.fleurani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It sure is! I love it :D Hope you had a great 4th of July!!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for your comment <3
    Wanna follow each other on GFC and FB?

    Your Princess is in Another Castle

    xx Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to follow each other!! Heading over to check out your newest post :D Hope you had a great week!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's pretty :] and I hope you had a lovely 4th of July! Would love to check out your giveaway! Heading over soon :D

      Delete
  7. I love how bright and fun this colour is, really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It really is a fun color :D

      Delete