Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Forever 21 Lace Cutout Maxi Dress in Black



I was at the mall one day and I saw this girl with a beautiful black dress that was sheer on the lower half with the short slip showing through. I wanted her dress!! I saw this one, which was almost identical to hers, on Forever21.com. 

I cannot for the life of me find anything at a forever21 store. There is too much stuff everywhere and most of the smalls are picked over in all the good clothing items I want. I also don't shop there too much because it's nearly impossible to find XS! It's a real pain. But I had an awesome experience shopping online. The site is easy to navigate, prices are awesome, and the selection is amazing/ organized.





I am so impressed by the quality and price of my first clothing order from Forever21.com. This dress is a lot more nice than it appears online. Awesome surprise- the quality is amazing especially for the low price of 25.00 USD. I feel like this dress could easily retail for around 50 but hey I'm not complaining! For length wise: I'm 5'7" and the S almost touches the ground.

The back detailing is just amazing. It's sort of an open back with a slot down the middle and see-through lace covering the rest of the top half. I really don't have a bra for backless dresses so I made due with a black lacy bandeau which I think looks ok. Lace on lace is never a bad thing!

The dress fits fairly well. It is slightly loose. Here again, no XS available... come on forever 21! But I'm happy the S is wearable and not so loose in the back that it's noticeably sagging. I love the sheer lower half -not only does it look good but it makes the dress more cool for the hot summer months. I think you could dress this up or down. Here I paired the dress with black/gold tassel earrings and black strappy sandals.








I am so impressed the the prices and quality. So happy with my purchase! I would most definitely order from forever 21 in the future

Find this dress here at forever21.com

Questions, comments, and advice is welcome! Have a beautiful day!! :D

Today I'm linking up with:
the pleated poppy blog stillbeingmolly

16 comments:

  1. Adorable dress! I can never find a dress from Forever 21 that is long enough for me. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ohhh noo I'm sorry to hear this :/
      I'm 5'7" and this is almost to the ground though I've never bought anything from forever 21 till recently!

      Delete
  2. What a stunning black dress! Looks like Hollywood is next for you:) love forever21!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much for your sweet comments :] I'm starting to really like forever 21 :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Milena! It really is! I hope your having a great week so far!

      Delete
  4. Hi Lovely! Gorgeous! Love your dress. I love your awesome blog. Keep it up!
    I'm your newest follower from blog hop and followed you via GFC & Bloglovin'. Feel free to visit, leave comments and follow me @ www.revampspunkyrena.com

    Stay in Touch & Have a wonderful day!

    Love
    Rena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comments! And thank you so so much for the follow! That means a lot! I would love to follow and check out your blog :D heading over now! Hope you had a wonderful day as well :]

      Delete
  5. Such an elegant dress, it looks awesome!! :) Would love for you to check out my blog, i'm a new follower to yours! Love it! <3
    Penny Rose
    http://pinkandpetals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much for the follow and lovely comments! I would love to check out your blog as well and follow along! Hope you had an amazing weekend :D

      Delete
  6. This black long dress is so nice, you look perfect!

    www.ladyparisienne.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much!! Your too nice! Hope you had a lovely weekend :D

      Delete
  7. I am in love with anything sheer this spring and am especially loving the back of your dress! Beautiful earrings as well. :)

    - Sukhi
    http://happinesswinner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sukhi for your lovely comments!! I'm loving sheer clothing as well- it's so much more cool in the warmer weather plus it can add some style to otherwise plain clothing pieces :D

      Delete