Monday, June 3, 2013

Erica Weiner : Cicada Earrings


Eria Weiner is one of my favorite jewelers to find quirky, unique, pieces. I first discovered her jewelry through ModCloth after eyeing these beauties! I fell in love her Cicada earrings. They are so different and intricately detailed that it is quite amazing. Trust me, when you wear these you will get lots of comments and compliments! 


Here is a photo of them actually on me. They are pretty good size. And I did have a feeling they would be slightly on the heavy side. After a while they do start to hurt. But I still wear them out and about- just for more shorter periods of time than I would like. That is probably my only complaint with these. I do love size and I do understand that with all the detail they need to be slightly bigger which adds to the weight. Can't have everything I suppose!


Here's a great shot of all that detail! Just beautiful :]


The backside is hallow which really helps with the weight factor.
These are very durable. I've had these for at least 5 years and they've done a lot of traveling.

I think these have got to be the most unique pair of earrings I own and they get a lot of love! Plus I'm a bug lover! Though I don't know if you've ever been close to cicadas but they are kind of scary. They're big and they make a lot of noise- something you don't want crawling on you. But hey these aren't real so you have nothing to worry about- other than making a statement with these lovely earrings :]

You can find them on the ModCloth site here or directly from Erica Weiners site here.

Retails for 30.00 USD. (Worth the money!)



I have lots of Erica Weiner jewelry to review so more fabulous pieces to come :]

Questions, comments, and advice welcome! Have a beautiful week! 

10 comments:

  1. So much jewellery looks the same. I love it how this is unique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! Sometimes jewelry all starts looking the same after a while. These def stand out :D

      Delete
  2. omg they are amazing! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are :D :D thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Very unique, but I think i'd be terrified if I saw someone wear these near me, especially if it was dark. I'd probably accidently swat them out of their ears, haha. The detail though is stunning! Lilie x

    mintcandylilies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahha!! They do look pretty darn lifelike! I have freaked out a few people when wearing these :D

      Delete
  4. check out my blog & follow if you like :)

    http://rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to take a look at your blog

      Delete
  5. Your earring are so great I love them

    ReplyDelete