Monday, May 27, 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Blue Paradise

Maybelline Color Tattoo in



I can not for the life of me find the summer 2013 collection for the Maybelline Color Tattoos. I managed to find this lone one, Blue Paradise, at my nearest Ulta store. Blue Paradise was third on my list so I'm still glad I managed to find at least one of the collection to hold me over till I find the rest ;]

So glad I picked this one up! It's such a stunning, unique, color! It reminds me of Blue Orbit from MACs' Extra Dimension collection or MACs' Tilt eye shadow (see pictures below for comparison shots). Blue Paradise is a sparkly light lavender blue. I was slightly bummed it wasn't as duo-chrome as I thought it would be but I got over that pretty quick. It does have a slight purple/aqua sheen to it but not incredibly noticeable when worn. 

Texture is creamy, soft, and buttery. It is the perfect consistency and even more smooth than my original 'Bad to the Bronze Color Tattoo. Pigmentation is slightly sheer but very easy to build up to the color you desire. I'm glad it is kind of sheer because I love layering this. Blends like a dream.

Wears beautifully. No creasing even at the end of a long work day. You will see pictures below of me wearing it after a long workout and it still looks great.








I've been wearing this everyday since I got it. The lady at Ulta is suppose to hold a few more from the collection if any come in their Tuesday shipment. Crossing my fingers! I'm after seashore frosts and waves of white. They look so unique and I always love a duo-chrome finish. From the swatches I've seen it appears both of those have just that :D 

Retails for around 6.00 USD depending on where you purchase it. 

Have you found or tried any of these summer color tattoos from Maybelline?!

Here is Blue Paradise layered on top of Maybellines' color tattoo in 'Bad to the Bronze'. It creates a beautiful natural look. Blue Paradise is great for layering as well as a base. This was taken after a run and an intense workout - it held up well! I meant to take pictures before my workout :] 


In comparison to MACs Blue Orbit and Tilt eye shadow :




Blue Paradise is more metallic than the two MAC shadows applied dry. Mac Tilt is maybe a hair more blue and MAC Blue Orbit is slightly more purple. But overall these shades are pretty close and honestly I love all of them :] Hope these side by side comparison shots are useful!

Have a lovey day! Questions, comments, and advice is welcome :]

12 comments:

  1. omg it looks great on your eyes... metallics never look good on me!

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! I'm sure you could pull off metallic shadow ;D

      Delete
  2. that is such a gorgeous colour! looks absolutely lovely on you

    katydesu.blogspot.com

    katy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do love this color! I can't stop wearing it ;] and thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty, love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is!! :] Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alison :D Hope your having a lovely week!

      Delete
  5. in love with this post, and your whole entire blog in general.

    lots of love from the casper&pearl girls – a little Aussie fashion brand
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! Have a beautiful weekend! :D

      Delete
  6. great colors!

    www.ladyparisienne.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is :D thank you! Hope you had a fabulous weekend!

      Delete