Sunday, May 12, 2013

Essie Splash of Grenadine


Essies' Splash of Grenadine is a real pretty spring color!

I was a little bummed though because I thought it would come out more purple like it looks in the bottle. But it came out more of a warm medium pink with purple undertones. I may try adding more coats next time (here I have on one thick coat and you may be able to tell the difference from the bottle to my nails). I wanted it to be more purple because I already have a warm medium pink with purple undertones in my collection- my favorite OPI polish in Japanese Rose Garden. I will have to do some side by side shots because they are practically identical. Despite my initial disappointment, it's still a overall great spring-time color :]



Formula is great!! Applies easy and even. First coat is slightly sheer but covers well- not blotchy. 2 coats would probably be ideal. Dries to a nice shiny finish. started chipping within about 2 days and by the 4th day it had to come off. I use my hands quite a bit so I'm sure that may have effected its' lasting power. 



Retails for around 7-8 USD depending on where you purchase it. I wouldn't go out of my way to repurchase this but only because I have 2 more bottles of this exact shade of pink. I personally like OPIs Japanese Rose Garden better (long time favorite- review of that one coming soon) :]

Have a Happy Mothers Day!!!!!! 
Questions, comments, and advice welcome!

22 comments:

  1. I really like this colour! But then again I have nothing like it already x

    http://whatwouldaudreywear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a pretty color!! I got my mom hooked on it ;D

      Delete
  2. Amazing nailstyles! Just fabulous:)

    Win a pair of sunglasses:
    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/2013/05/firmoo-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always find that the color is more true to the bottle when you coat two to three times, it almost never is with one. so don't fret, you still might get your purple color :D

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your probably right!! I should be more patient- I try to get away with one thick coat since rarely have time to set aside my hands :P Will have to experiment again and update this if I manage to get the color! Thanks for taking the time to comment :] Hope you had a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  4. I love this colour! Essie have some gorgeous nail polish colours I want to get my hands on. I love fiji and cute as a button x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great color!! I know I love essie polishes!! They have some of my favorite colors :D I have heard so many great things about fiji and it's on my list to get! Got to check out cute as a button... have not seen that one! Thanks so much for stopping by :]

      Delete
  5. Thank you for your lovely comment :D It's a beautiful color ! great for spring ^^

    The Red Shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome and thank you :D I wear this polish a lot in spring!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so much and thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete
  7. Love this color


    I'm following u via GFC, hope u can follow back. THX XOXO


    Moda della donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :] Thank you so so much for the follow and I will be sure to do the same :D

      Delete
  8. Ohhh… ABSOlutely cute nail polish: LOVE that colour!!! And you’ve got a gorgeous blog dear: FOLLOW YOU right now!!! ;)
    Check out & follow my blog too --- I’ll be waiting for you!!!

    *Keep in touch ;)
    ABSOkisses!!! Fanny J. ABSOmarilyn | The Marilyn Monroe of 21st century
    Google+ | Facebook | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the sweet comments - it's a lovely color :D and thank you so much for the follow- I will for sure do the same! Heading over to take a look at your blog now :]

      Delete
  9. Omg, love your blog!

    <3

    Do you want to follow each other?


    www.POLINEFASHION.pl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! I would love to follow each other! Heading over to take a look at your blog :]

      Delete
  10. You have an amazing blog)i like it))

    Take part in my giveaway))

    xoxo Christy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will be sure to check out your blog as well :D

      Delete