Sunday, April 21, 2013

OOTD : Stripes and Floral



One of my favorite combinations is stripes with floral print! Especially with spring and summer here on the horizon. I went with a basic blue striped tank and paired it with a blue floral skirt. I like that the tank is blue striped because it gives a nautical feel as well. Since the skirt is big on me- I made it high-waisted and put on a woven, soft brown, leather belt. And since the weather cooled down this week I threw on a long peachy pink cardigan and some warm-toned brown boots. As far as jewelry, I kept it simple with pink, hanging, cameo earrings.

My favorite part of the outfit is the tights! They are fishnet style in a natural soft brown. I love the color because it makes them more wearable. I wore them all the time in the fashion-forward downtown of Florence but back in the states (in my small town) I feel like they may be considered a little risque. So scandalous haha! Personally, I think they are quite elegant and add a subtle texture to my outfits.  


Cardigan, tank top, skirt, and belt are all from H&M. Tights are from Calzedonia. Boots are from a small boutique in downtown Florence.


A close up of the mixed patterns :


Here is a good look at the tights :


A super short video if you'd like to see my outfit in 'real life' :


I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!
Questions, comments, and advice is very welcome! Have a lovely Sunday ladies :]


Today I'm linking up with :

stillbeingmolly

16 comments:

  1. I'm in LOVE with that skirt! You look fabulous! I also love pairing stripes with floral, especially striped shirts with floral scarves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you :D ohhh I love doing that as well! In fact I did the striped shirt and floral scarf today haha all this beautiful spring weather has got the floral flowing out of the closet ;D yay!! hope you had an amazing weekend!

      Delete
  2. Love mixing patterns. You and your outfit are beautiful lovely:) xx

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I saw the first picture of your outfit, I liked your tights! And that tank and skirt go so well together, I thought you were wearing a dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those tights have got to be one of my favorite pairs ;D thank you so very much!

      Delete
  4. ooh what a lovely outfit! great combination of patterns and textures

    katydesu.blogspot.co.uk

    katy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katy!! I really enjoyed this combo :D hope you had a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  5. You have great Ideas and a interesting blog, i really like it!
    what you think, wanna follow each other?
    I would be happy :-)

    Kiss from Swiss
    schuhRei.ch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! We should definitely follow each other :] I'm heading over to explore your blog soon!

      Delete
  6. You look so beautiful! The tights are great, love it!
    Wanna follow each other? Plz check my blog and let me know :)


    xoxo Chica
    http://chicaonnenberg.blogspot.com/
    My Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! I would love to :] heading over now!

      Delete
  7. Adorable outfit! I'm totally loving the mixed prints. And the whole thing is so perfect for spring!

    Emily
    A Devine Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emily! It's one of my favorite spring time outfits :]
      Thanks for taking the time to stop by and comment! You have one of my favorite fashion blogs - I love your entire wardrobe :D

      Delete
  8. I loooove stripes and floral! Definitely one of my favourite combinations! You look adorable!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the best combinations :D Thank you so much Katie!! So glad the weather is starting to warm up!

      Delete