Sunday, April 7, 2013

OOTD : Mint and Leather




I found this outfit on pintrest and thought I'd try it out since I had all the pieces in my closet (I secretly would have rather put this mint shirt with a pretty peach skirt but alas it's still too cold for that)! 

It was so hard to get excited about an outfit of the day after my beautiful ModCloth dress post. I also shot this when it was absolutely frigid outside. I think the high was 36 yesterday and this in North Carolina!  I probably look stiff and cold in the photos haha

I paired this beautiful, silky, mint, sleeve-less blouse with a fitted leather jacket, skinny jeans, and simple white flats. Since the mint top is fairly sheer and I didn't want to flash anyone, I put a white cami underneath. I love H&M for simple tanks and camis. They are cheap, comfy, and come in handy for layering. I use them practically every day since cleavage at work is a big no-no.





Mint silk blouse and white cami purchased at H&M. Faux leather jacket purchsed at the huge flea market in Florence (I got it for 14 euro!). Skinnies are from Zaras' trf collection. Flats purchased in a Florence shoe shop.


I have absolutely been loving this Gossip watch that I paired with this outfit. It has a large face like a mens watch and a fairly thin strap. I like how it's masculine while being feminine at the same time. It came in a set of three from QVC. My mom kept the black and hot pink. I picked out the snow leopard print. This goes with just about everything because the black and gray monochromatic print makes it easy to style. Love!

You can find a similar set on QVC here.


Questions, comments, and advice welcome! Have a lovely day guys :]


Today I'm linking up with :

stillbeingmolly

18 comments:

  1. SO cute!!! Loving your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the pin. That watch is gorgeous!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love finding new ideas on pintrest! :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Love your forest look!
    http://afinaskaterblogspotcom.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I love shooting outside! Now that it's getting warmer I'm afraid the spiders are going to come out haha! Your pictures in the snow are lovely as well :D

      Delete
  4. love the combination of the girlie top with a leather jacket. your watch is so nice!

    katydesu.blogspot.co.uk

    katy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- I loved that combination too :D Thanks so much Katy for stopping by again!!

      Delete
  5. Hi dear!! Like always thanks for your sweet comment, I am delighted to know your opinion :)
    By the way, i like your post very much, your blog is so cool and fresh :)
    I would like to know your opinion about my new post at; http://peaceinmyshoes.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome!! And thank you for your sweet comments as well :D I would love to check out your new post! Heading over now :]

      Delete
  6. Great outfit!!! Visiting from the link up. I'm also hosting one this Thursday April 11. Show me your favorite Spring Trend. HOpe you can join. I'm also doing a giveaway for a $300 gift card to Gap. Check it out.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and thanks for visiting again!! I will check out your link-up this Thursday :D Thanks for the invite! I really love your blog!

      Delete
  7. Love the mint and leather together...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving that outfit! It's hot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The outfit is subtle yet stylish... ♥
    http://silentbustle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the combination of the girlie top with a leather jacket. your watch is so nice!

    ReplyDelete