Monday, April 1, 2013

ModCloth : Indigo Gardens Dress in Pastel


I have always wanted a "retro" 50's style dress. My closet is so full that I also wanted a piece that I really loved and with high quality. I found just that. Let me introduce my new dress from ModCloth, the Indigo Gardens Dress in Pastel by eucalyptus London. 


This dress blows my all my dresses out of the water. As far as quality, this is the nicest dress I own. Material is nice and thick. It's fully lined which is so nice, I don't have to worry about a slip or a bra. Halter top, sweetheart neckline, and a pretty pink sash. Lots of fabric and paneling on the lower half which creates a nice full flow-y layer. The dress creates a very flattery shape from top to bottom.  The dress allows you to shorten it and make it poofy by providing strings you can tie on the underside. This was a little to much foofoo for me so I untied it and let it loose. The fabric is 100% cotton so it wrinkles and there's a lot of ironing involved (quite worth it in the end though). Color is slightly deeper than the picture on ModCloth and I apologize the lighting in the above pictures is a little washed out. The blue is a beautiful deep turquoise / Tiffany blue. I was afraid it would be a lighter powder blue which tends to wash me out but I was pleasantly surprised. The floral print and the colors of this dress scream spring.

Beautiful threaded pink piping around the edges of the dress up top and on the bottom.


Retails for 125.00 USD here at ModCloth.com.

I have never in my life spent this much on a dress but this is, by far, the best clothing purchase I have ever made. 




Here's a short clip of me wearing the dress in-case you would like a 'real life' visual. I apologize, my videos will be of poor quality till I can afford a nice camera to shoot with. Someday!


Questions, comments, and advice welcome! Have a beautiful day :]



Today I'm linking up with :

stillbeingmolly

32 comments:

  1. This. is. So. Gorgeous. I love it to death!

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is!! Thank you :D and thanks so much for stopping by again!!!

      Delete
  2. What a fun spring dress, looks super cute on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is and thank you soo much!!! :]

      Delete
  3. So cute!! I love the colors and the style.....the piping's pretty awesome, too. :)

    youngyankeelady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Me too :D The piping is just lovely! Thank you so much for stopping by :]

      Delete
  4. This dress is simply great. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Me too ;D ;D Thanks for taking the time to comment - you have a lovely blog!

      Delete
  5. ohhh, nice dress.. It's so spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this dress. Gorgeous, perfect for Spring. Visiting from YOLO. Would love it if you stopped by and checked out my blog and said hello :).

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you!! Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a sweet comment! I would absolutely love to check out your blog :D I'm heading over now!

      Delete
  7. looks like a great dress for spinning and swirling. I think I wouldn't stop if I owned it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it really is! It's hard not to spin in it ;D Thank you!!

      Delete
  8. love your style! wanna follow each other? please let me know
    www.myfashionmorning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I would love to! I'm checking out your blog now :D

      Delete
  9. Hi sweety!! I've just discovered your blog and i like it very much!!
    This is a great post, lovely :)
    Come to check my blog at;
    http://peaceinmyshoes.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I would love to check out your blog! Heading over now :]

      Delete
  10. I'm holding a contest on my blog! If you want your blog, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Tumblr, or other social media advertised on my blog, answer the 10 questions on my post. :)

    itskatja.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I will have to check that out :D

      Delete
  11. that dress is darling! It fits you beautifully!! Thank you for linking up with the Anything + Everything blog hop! I hope you'll come back next week :)

    xo Tori
    www.mythriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And thank you for hosting the blog hop! I will most def come back next week - it was really lovely :] and you have an amazing blog!

      Delete
  12. Hi, I'm following the "friends connect" blog hop. I would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

    http://sincerelymesydney.blogs...

    thanks

    new follower {Sydney}

    ps-your dress is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! I would love to visit you blog and follow back :D I'm heading over now!

      Delete
  13. Such a pretty dress! It suits you so well! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was hoping you'd twirl in that video. This looks like an amazing twirly dress! I came across your blog and am your newest follower. I would love if you’d visit me at : the daily savant : and (if you like) follow with GFC and Blog Lovin'!

    : signe
    thedailysavant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I just couldn't help myself- it's such a great twirling dress :D every-time I put it on I just want to sway and bounce around! Thank you so so much for the follow! And I would love to check out your blog and return the favor on gfc and bloglovin' :] Checking it out now!

      Delete
  15. The information in your blog is very informative. Keep up the good work. WLCI School of Fashion offers various courses and programmes in fashion courses, which are very interactive and prepares students for real fashion world.
    To Know More Information Visit:
    http://www.wlcifashion.in/

    ReplyDelete
  16. The information in your blog is very informative. Keep up the good work. WLCI School of Fashion offers various courses and programmes in fashion courses, which are very interactive and prepares students for real fashion world.
    To Know More Information Visit:
    http://www.wlcifashion.in/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete