Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Laura Geller Baked Marble Eyeshadow Duo: Blue Icing/ Coffee Cake and Mauve/ Mint

 Laura Geller Baked Marble Eyeshadow Duo in
Blue Icing/ Coffee Cake 
&
 Mauve/ Mint

Artificial lighting

Natural lighting


Baked Marble Eyeshadow Duo in
Blue Icing/ Coffee Cake








Blue Icing is a nice medium, neutral, muddy, blue which makes it very wearable without looking clownish. Coffee cake is a warm medium brown. Both have nice pigmentation but really pop and shimmer when applied wet. Boy, do these eye shadows really sparkle after being applied wet! The shadows blend beautifully and the two shadows go lovely together. I almost wish that the brown was slightly darker and the blue was slightly lighter to make a lovely contrast but that's just person preference. Overall, this is a great duo. Laura Geller has the best packaging ever (probably why each shadow is on the expensive side).


Retails for 24.00 USD here at LauraGeller.com.


Baked Marble Eyeshadow Duo in 
  Mauve/ Mint







The left shade is a beautiful warm mint color. The right shade is a deep blue/green forest color. Colors have great pigmentation but, as I mentioned above, applying this wet brings out the intensity and the sparkle. Wet- these shadows shimmer like no other! Shadows blend so beautifully! I love the contrast these shadows have as a duo. The shadows go so well together. Would definitely repurchase this duo! I absolutely love it!
Great packaging as always. Slightly higher price because the duo comes with this lovely double ended brush.


Retails for 27.00 USD here at LauraGeller.com.



Also, with these marbled shadows you dont want to use a patting motion on your lids with a dense flat brush. I prefer to use a fluffy brush with a sweeping motion since there's so many different colors in one shadow and it tends to be patchy if you don't blend well enough with that fluffy brush.



Questions, comments, and advice welcome! Have a lovely day guys! :]


15 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I've never heard of Laura Geller before. Looks worth checking out (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are! I love shadows that really sparkle :] I would def check her line out! I think they carry some Laura Geller products at Ulta that you can swatch and test

      Delete
    2. Ironically right after I saw this post I got an Ulta catalog in the mail and found the brand while flipping through (:

      Delete
  2. I love the looks of these eye shadows..
    I wouldn't wanna use them they're so pretty :) haha!

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! haha I feel the same way! I want to swirl my brush but then I'm always afraid to mess up the pretty patterns and colors :P that's the problem with marbled eye shadows!

      Delete
  3. They both look amazing in the pan and on you. Never had any eye shadows like these 2 before. Lovely:)

    Found and happily following from Beauty Blog Hop xx
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Marbled eye-shadows are quite pretty! And thank you so much for following! I will be sure to check out your blog and do the same :]

      Delete
  4. blue icing reminds me a lot of one of the shades in the wetnwild's comfort zone!

    Also following from the blog hop (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I love wet n wilds comfort zone pallet! And your right, it does a little! thank you so so much for the follow and for stopping by! Will head on over to your blog as well and return the favor :D

      Delete
  5. Oh these are awesome! Love the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are pretty :] thanks for stopping by! Hope your having a great week!

      Delete
  6. Oh wow what lovely eyeshadows! I've nv heard of Laura Geller before. The eyeshadows look so unique!

    www.chermaineho.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! I love Laura Geller baked shadows! they really are unique... and sparkly :D

      Delete