Tuesday, March 5, 2013

OOTD : Purple and Green

OOTD : 



Today I went a shiny jewel toned emerald green blouse and my favorite J. Crew black Pixi Pants (best pants ever- I talk a little more about them here). Since it was chilly out I threw on a military inspired crop jacket with a hint of gold detailing. Then I thought- lets add some more color! I went with purple. I picked this purple scarf because it had some warm tones that went nicely with the gold on the jacket. For shoes, I had to tie in that purple somewhere so I grabbed these dark purple flats. Emerald... isn't that the color of the year?! Well I think it's a great color to break into spring :]



Blouse was purchased at Zara. Pants are from J. Crew. Scarf and jacket are from H&M.

Flats were purchased from Target. I honestly don't recommend these! They are so cute but quite painful. I had to hot glue felt on the backs so that the hard plastic material wouldn't rub and blister my skin! Don't you hate that?



I put on these gold earrings in to match the gold detailing in the jacket and the warm colors in the scarf. If you haven't already check out World Markets' jewelry section - you have to! I love their jewelry. So much so that I cant go in there because I know Ill come out with a new piece for my collection :]


Questions, comments, and advice is very welcome! Have a beautiful day ladies! 


26 comments:

  1. That military inspired jacket is fabulous!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jacket!!

    Anyway, great blog, would you like to follow each other?

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yes lets follow each other :] You have such an amazing blog!

      Delete
  3. Love this look and thanks for the DIY project! I have a ton of shoes that hurt too much - never thought about gluing fabric on the backs! Genius!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and your very welcome!! The felt works great as a cushion and now I can actually wear these (yay)! I had to find a way cause I have the same painful shoe in a different color :o yikes

      Good luck :D

      Delete
  4. amazing top you look fantastic - great blog Dear -would you like to follow each other just let me know I wait for you on my blog xo xo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comments! I would love to follow each other! I just went and checked out your blog- it's gorgeous :]

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for the invite! You have a lovely blog :]

      Delete
  6. Hey Katie, so glad you visited my blog :-). A blazer with a vest has such a fun twist, you should def try it. I thing its tricky to pair pink tights but black always works just well :-)

    the military cropped jacket takes your oufit to another level, really lovely and sophisicticated. And isnt emerals just fabulous? I am so in love with this colour :-)

    Have a fabulous day and I would love if you link up on my series as well :-)


    Ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have break out my fuchsia tights and try them with black - thanks for the tip ;D And will for sure try the blazer vest combo. It looked so beautiful on you!

      Thank you so much for your kind comments! Emeralds are gorgeous!

      You have a wonderful day as well :D and I will for sure have a look and see if I can find your link up! I didn't see it last time!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous!
    I love this outfit.. I love wearing purple and green together, they go so well!

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Purple and green does look really lovely together :D

      Delete
  8. Cute outfit! Love your scarf, and shoes!
    New follower!

    xo
    Caroline

    lovecarolineblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And thank you for the follow :] I'm heading over to your blog now!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you! You have an amazing blog :D

      Delete
  10. I really love that jacket. It's really cute and it's something I'd totally wear too :> Nice!


    Also, would you mind voting for me on American Eagle's site. Takes 2 secs lol: https://live.ae.com/#/entries/3272

    I'd really appreciate it! Please and Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And will do! You have a beautiful blog :]

      Delete
  11. Hi! Lovely blog and great post! I would like to invite you to know my blog, do you like? ;) www.mvesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! And I would love to check out your blog. I'm on my way over now :]

      Delete
  12. Ahh! I love that jacket! And the color combo looks great on you :)

    Kristina
    kristina in retroworter

    ReplyDelete