Sunday, March 24, 2013

MAC Veluxe Pearl shadows : Dazzlelight, Sumptuous Olive, Coppering, Expensive Pink

MAC Veluxe Pearl shadows

Dazzlelight, Sumptuous Olive, Coppering, and Expensive Pink






Dazzlelight

Shimmery off white, slightly cream colored, shadow. Warm toned. Pigmented and even more pigmented wet. This is such a beautiful color. It can brighten up my entire make-up look for the day. I love this color on the lids and the inner corners- great for highlighting. It is such an illuminating color. Its' name does it justice. I've already got a back-up purchased of this color :]


Sumptuous Olive

Golden shimmery army green. Applied dry it is somewhat sheer. Applied wet, this color is stunning and it really brings out that beautiful golden sheen. Wet, this color can deepen up an eye look. I enjoy applying this dry then wetting my brush and deepening up the outer corners.

Coppering

A shimmery burnt orange/ red. Smooth and pigmented. Very intense when applied wet. A really beautiful color and looks lovely in the crease.


Expensive Pink

A medium peach/ coral color with a duo-chrome golden sheen. Almost like a shimmery rose gold coppery color. Pigmented and even more vibrant when applied wet. Blends beautifully. Applying it wet really brings out that golden duo-chrome sheen on your lid. I almost always apply this wet. It is an incredibly beautiful and stunning color! It goes really well with MACs Rubenesque paint pot as a base. It reminds me of summer :] Would re-purchase. It's up there with my favorite MAC shadows.



Natural Light
Artificial Light

Overall Thoughts :

 Honestly, I have no complaints here with these shadows. I really enjoy the texture and formula of the Veluxe Pearl shadows. Why don't I have more? Pigmentation and blend-abilty is great. I enjoy all these colors. I don't reach for coppering as much as I should. For me, it's kind of a scary! Since I'm so fair, it looks more beautiful in the crease than anywhere else.

Each eye shadow retails for 15.00 USD. All my shadows were purchased at MAC counters in the mall or online at maccosmetics.com.




Questions, comments, and advice is welcome! Have a beautiful day :]


Today I'm linking up with :

stillbeingmolly

21 comments:

  1. Another great post! I currently own expensive pink and was so so on it. I don't know if it because I am not tan yet? Anyway I have never used any of my MAC shadows we yet? Thanks for the suggestion I am going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maria! Hmmm! It does look better when I'm tan... maybe that's why I wear it more in summer :]. But I do suggest trying it wet! I was underwhelmed with Expensive Pink applied dry then I applied it wet and it makes the color so so beautiful. It really pops! I definitely suggest trying your mac shadows wet (esp your shimmery shadows) it can really can make a big difference - let me know what you think :]

      Delete
  2. I love your posts! This one made me want to try these out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katja! These shadows really are beautiful! :]

      Delete
  3. what a great post! Im loving all the colors you featured! I want to get them now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! They are beautiful shadows for sure :D

      Delete
  4. ooh i love that olive green colour! absolutely gorgeous, want to get all of these!

    katydesu.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sumptuous Olive is such a stunning color and such a unique green :] they are all lovely! I wish I had more Veluxe Pearl shadows :D

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite greens :D so pretty!

      Delete
  6. Expensive Pink is one of my all-time favorite eyeshadows!! Makes my green eyes POP! :) I definitely want Coppering now!!

    sparkleonyourvanity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of mine too!! It's too pretty for its own good. It goes real nice with blue and green eyes :] Those warm tones really do make them pop!! Coppering is such a beautiful intense color - I'd bet that would make your green eyes pop too :D

      Delete
  7. Hello sweety! Thanks for stopping by and I heartly appreciate it! This is such an amazing post! (: Following back via GFC and BL! New post on my blog! Stop by me soon! xx

    With love ❤.
    www.fashionholicsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks so much for following! You have a lovely blog - I love your style and can't wait to see more of your outfits! Would be happy to check out your new post as well :D

      Delete
  8. Beautiful colors :)
    Would you like to follow each other via GFC and Bloglovin?
    Let me know :)

    Kisses!

    http://www.gagcloud.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! And I would love to follow you on both :] Checking out your blog now!

      Delete
  9. Lovely blog!Would like to follow each other on GFC, FB, Twitter or Bloglovin?

    www.donnaiveh.blogspot.com

    have blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and thank you for stopping by! I would love to follow you :D checking out your blog now! You have a lovely day as well :]

      Delete
  10. Those eye-shadows look so amazing. Really cool for a night out.
    All the best from charming Berlin,

    Jana & Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! Thanks so much for stopping by :D

      Delete