Thursday, February 21, 2013

MAC Matte Eyeshadows in : Soft Brown, Swiss Chocolate, FIG. 1, Shadowy Lady, Nehru

MAC Matte and Matte2 Eyeshadows in : 

Soft Brown, Swiss Chocolate, FIG. 1, Shadowy Lady, and Nehru



I have started the task of going through my entire collection of MAC shadows that I have accumulated over the years (excluding past MAC collections). I have decided to sort the shadows by finish. I hope this proves to be helpful!
Soft Brown

A warm light brown. Slightly orange-y which looks lovely with blue eyes. Matte. Fairly pigmented and build-able. Blends nicely. Smooth.


Swiss Chocolate

A very warm toned medium brown. Reddish undertones. Fairly pigmented and builds nicely. Blends well. Great color to deepen the crease or nice as a all-over lid color. Love this one!

FIG. 1

A warm toned medium purple shade. Pigmented and beautifully smooth. Texture is really nice. Ok blending wise. This is a Matte2 shade which has a slightly different formula. From the research I've done I believe this formula is slightly more milled and is suppose to have better color pay off. I don't notice a dramatic difference between the two.


 Shadowy Lady

A dark neutral purple shade. A little sheer but easy to build up. Can be a little patchy and difficult to blend.

 It can look beautiful in the outer corner or as a liner. Despite its fall backs I use this shade quite a bit. Any suggestions for a better alternative?


Nehru

Cool toned black. Blue undertones. Pigmented and easy to build up. Since I'm pretty fair I usually only use a small amount. Fairly easy to blend out. Its a nice color if your looking for something a little more subtle than a true matte black. Great for a deep smokey eye or as a liner.




Overall Thoughts :

I really enjoy these colors and I use them throughout the week. I'm a big fan of matte shadows though I find some are more hard to work with than others. Pigmentation can be lacking but I find the matte shadows easy to build up which allows you more flexibility. Texture is smooth but not as creamy as other lines. I find Nehru and FIG. 1 to have the most pigmentation. The purple shadows here do tend to fade throughout the day. I like the effect but I do want to put that out there.  I probably use Swiss Chocolate the most out of this bunch.

From the top : Soft Brown, Swiss Chocolate, FIG. 1, Shadowy Lady, and Nehru

Questions, Comments, and Advice is Welcome! Have a beautiful day :]

19 comments:

  1. Hi hon, came by via Jessie's blog hop to find I already followed you, must have done so last week. :)
    Angela x

    http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I do that too! Thanks for stopping by again ;]

      Delete
  2. I've been loving matte eyeshadows recently - there are some gorgeous shades here!

    Thanks for stopping by and linking up on my beauty bloggers blog hop! <3

    Jessi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I think mattes can look more natural and beautiful :]

      Thank you for hosting the blog hop again! I really enjoy hops that include the small icons - it's easier to get an idea of the persons' blog!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful collection. These colors can literally take you from day to night for months :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi there... new follower here!!! Loved your blog. Fig is definitetly one of my favourite Mac shades too...

    http://glittercloud.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! FIG. 1 is really a beautiful color :] Will be sure to check out your blog as well!!

      Delete
  6. Excellent Post! From your #1 make-up post fan! Have you ever tried Embark by MAC. It seems to have quite a bit of pigmentation. I have had that pot for 4 years. I only wear it in the outer corner but I wear make-up like Tammy Faye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! YES I have a fan! And I have not tried Embark! I looked it up and it looks like a beautiful deep matte brown. I will have to check this one out next time I'm at my MAC counter! Thanks for the recommendation - I'm always on the lookout for a great matte shadow :D

      Delete
  7. hi, i'm following the "aloha friday" hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

    http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I will be sure to check out your blog as well :]

      Delete
  8. Great colours! I just found your blog :)
    Would love for you to stop by mine.
    Lauren
    www.millermemoires.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Will definitely stop by yours as well :]

      Delete
  9. Ooh! Beautiful shades...I love me some MAC! :) FIG. 1 looks beautiful! Great review! I found you through blog hop, and I'm following you now. Here's my blog if you'd like to follow back :)

    http://stephsbeautyboutique.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely are and FIG. 1 is really pretty! Thank you so much :D and thanks for stopping by! I'm heading over to your blog now :]

      Delete
    2. I'm so sorry I forgot to follow after I sent that! Haha...I'm the worst :P Thanks for following! :)

      Delete