Sunday, February 17, 2013

MAC Lustre shadows in : Retro-Speck, Gleam, Mythology, Idol Eyes, Aquadisiac

MAC Lustre shadows in : 

Retro-Speck, Gleam, Mythology, Idol Eyes, Aquadisiac


I have started the task of going through my entire collection of MAC shadows that I have accumulated over the years (excluding past MAC collections). I have decided to sort the shadows by finish. I hope this proves to be helpful!


Retro - Speck

Soft light shimmery golden shadow. I really enjoy this shade because it's not as harsh as some golds. A lot of golds I own lean more yellow and this has just the right amount. Applied dry it has almost zero pigmentation. Applied wet it's a really beautiful color with improved pigmentation. I only apply this wet. If you don't want the trouble I don't recommend this shade. I love this shade of gold enough to repurchase.


Gleam

A light warm peach color with silver shimmer. This too, applied dry, has very little pigmentation. Applied wet, it's a really beautiful lid color. This shade with MAC's expensive pink is an amazing combination. If you don't want the trouble I don't recommend this shade because you really have to work with it. I love this shade of peach enough to consider repurchasing.

Mythology

Beautiful orange-y copper color. Extremely shimmery. I usually apply this shade wet and it turns into a beautiful stand out color. Easy to blend. Pigmented. Really makes blue eyes pop.

Idol Eyes

A silvery lavender purple. Silver shimmer - a little on the chunky side. Applied dry this shade is sheer with some fall out. I apply this shade wet to get better color pay off. The consistency kind of kills it for me. I'm not in love with this shadow enough to repurchase.

Aquadisiac

A bright aqua blue with slight silver shimmer. Shimmer is not very visible on the lids like the previous shadows. A little on the sheer side but build-able. The build-ability of this shadow makes this bright color really easy to work with.

Natural lighting. All shadows applied dry then wet. In order from left to right : Retro-speck,  Gleam,  Mythology,  Idol Eyes, Aquadisiac.

Artificial lighting. All shadows applied dry then wet. In order from left to right : Retro-speck,  Gleam,  Mythology,  Idol Eyes, Aquadisiac.




Overall Thoughts : 

Honestly, this is probably my least favorite formula. Pigmentation is really not up to par for the price. It is really sad because there are some beautiful shadows. I find the consistency to be more on the chunky, flaky, dry side which leads to some fall out. The majority I have to use wet to get a nice consistency and color pay off.

Each shadow retails for 15.00 USD. I purchased mine at the MAC counters in the mall or online at

maccosmentics.com.

From the top : Retro - Speck, Gleam, Mythology, Idol Eyes, and Aquadisiac.

 Questions, Comments, and Advice Welcome! Have a lovely day :]



9 comments:

  1. I am in awe of 'Gleam' :O I'd never buy it but the colour looks fabulous. Love your blog :) I'll follow! - Lilie xx

    mintcandylilies.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gleam is a really beautiful color applied wet :D And thank you so much! Will be sure to check out yours as well!!

      Delete
  2. That stinks that the consistency is not great on those, but the colors are pretty. I love a nice smooth shadow.

    Stopping by and following from the GFC blog hop. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It really is a bummer because they could be really awesome shadows if they had a different formula! I agree - I want nice, smooth, and silky :D

      Thanks so much for stopping by! Will be sure to stop by your blog as well! You have a wonderful day too :]

      Delete
  3. These are really pretty, great post!!

    I noticed you have an interest in beauty products. I want to let you know that we have an online beauty store with new products being uploaded daily. We have been up for a month and just processed our 100th order and receive emails daily thanking us for the convenient online shopping.

    http://beautybymissash.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, too bad the pigmentation isn't so good. I love using gold because it looks natural on just about anybody. You can really use it as a lovely highlighter where you don't want a lot of color but want to draw light. :) I love your blog. Following you on bloglovin'

    http://www.maitaatienza.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing your helpful tip! That could really come in handy :]

      Will be sure to check out your site!

      Delete
  5. Hey! I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! You can see it here :) http://confessionsofaswatchaholic.wordpress.com/2013/02/18/my-first-award/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sophie! That was really sweet of you!! I will have to check it out :]

      Delete