Thursday, January 10, 2013

Severe Dry Lips : Chapstick Medicated & Aquaphor


Severe Dry Peeling Lips

ChapStick Medicated & Aquaphor Healing Ointment 

A second 7 month treatment of Accutane left my lips dry, peeling and all around chapped. Again, these products together did wonders!   


ChapStick Brands Medicated tube works fast. This stuff felt amazing on my poor lips. It tingles a little bit and the smell isn't the greatest thing in the world. But this stuff greatly reduced the peeling and cracking. Love it!

The packaging says to apply 3-4 times a day but I just applied as needed. Retails around 1.59 USD.

On top of this I slather on some Aquaphor

  A thin layer of Aquaphor healing ointment on top of the Medicated ChapStick helped keep in the moisture. Its pretty much a petroleum gel. It's clear and fragrance free. Goes on thick so a little goes a long way. It also makes your lips pretty glossy. I make sure to put a lot on before bedtime!

This 14 oz tub lasts a really long time! Ive used it all year and Im far from half done. They also sell Aquaphor in smaller tubes which makes it easier to carry in a purse. 

14 oz tub retails around 14.00 USD. 1.75 oz tube retails for around 5.00 USD. Easy to find. I purchased mine at Walmart. It can also be found at stores such as Target, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc.



Other ways I use Aquaphor:

Tattoos : I originally purchased this after getting my tattoos! It was recommended by my tattoo artist to help in the healing process. I would apply a thin coat of this after washing the area and repeat about 3 or so times a day. It worked great!

I also sometimes use this for rough/ dry patches of skin and It really helps :] 


Questions, Comments, and Advice is Welcome! Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment