Saturday, January 12, 2013

Argan Oil Hair Mask

Argan Oil Hair Mask

Once a month I like save a week for some much needed spa treatments. After all that work and school it's hard to remember to pamper yourself! I like to start off with an Argan Oil hair mask. 


This was purchased on my trip to Morocco! And I can't remember the full amount I paid but I've seen argan oil online at sites such as Amazon.com. 

I like to start at my roots. A little goes a long way! Massage the oil evenly over scalp. Then work your way down and add a little more to your ends. Focus on those ends because they take a beating! 

I like to leave the oil in the entire day. Since oils (even natural oils) break out my skin, I like to tie my hair up in a bun and go where I need to go.

In the shower I like to keep it in a bun and let the steam from the shower open up my hair follicles to allow the Argan oils nutrients to penetrate. Once Ive shaved, etc I begin to wash it out and shampoo/condition as I usually do. I know some people shampoo twice to get all the oil out but I've had no problems. 

Ive noticed my hair is less dry, more hydrated, not as frizzy, soft, and smooth! Argan oil is great for strengthening the hair. I also use argan oil (as well as coconut oil hair masks) to help grow out my hair. It has done me wonders! My hairdresser could believe how long my hair was. I absolutely love argan oil. Plus, It smells amazing!

Argan oil can be used in so many ways! I like to use this as a body moisturizer on occasion (staying away from my acne prone spots). It works beautifully!

Get some ideas for using argan oil

If you want to try switching up - as I mentioned above, do this hair mask with coconut oil!!! This not only does the same but it also really helps you grow out those beautiful locks :] 
Look out for my future blog post  on my personal experiences with coconut oil! 


 Have you tried argan oil?

Advice, Questions, and Comments are Welcome!  Have a lovely at-home spa day :]

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! i'm gonna try it! thanks for this post. Jamaican Black Castor Oil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beauty post!! And so glad its on a face oil!! I recently heard that they are good for your face and wanted to try it bit was scared, but after reading your post I really want ti try one!! Buy Argan Oil

    ReplyDelete